December 31, 2009

Reflections of 2009

When I reflect back over 2009, I see so many wonderful blessings God has bestowed on us. I was blessed with the birth of two grandsons. And in the first week of January I'll have a 3rd grandson. Now is that awesome or what? I was also able to create full time employment for myself in fulfilling a dream, vision and passion of mine, the Potter's House School for Models & Role Models. Also a wonderful couple from Prattville, AL joined our church and have become faithful in friendship and ministry. WOW! What a blessing to experience and know that God would send such dedicated people from such a long way to serve Him under our covering. He's Way Awesome yall...

With every blessing it seemed like I had that many challenges and obstacles to overcome. My aunt Mary Jo passed away suddenly of a massive heart attack. She was like a mother to me. It was a difficult time for those of us that knew and loved her. My daughter Tameka had a very difficult pregnancy and afterwards she had to undergo gallblader surgery and another similar type surgery to remove the birth control device that was placed after the birth of Joshua. Talking about a season of kious!

This is the LESSON FOR LIFE today, no matter how many blessings God gives you, don't take for granted or overlook them. Use every blessing as an opportunity to smile or even laugh out loud or to say, "Thank You Jesus" one more time. You know, you can never praise and thank Him enough for all He's done for us. And know that when the challenges come our way, the bible declares that we are more than conquerers through Christ Jesus who loves us. So everyday wake up to and seek out His new mercies and at the end of the day empty out the trash. It can create a foul odor after a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment